Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Billboard War - Personal Rage

One billboard, a message recycled from the late John Lennon, reading 'Imagine No Religion.'





The attacks that railed against the billboard ad (featured left) show that Atheists are
NOT Patriots. They show that Atheists HATE America.








These people need to stop drinking the Cool-Aid and wake up!

Without regurgitating the original story at the FFRF site, I'll drop my opinion here.

I am an atheist. I am a veteran. I am willing to bet 2/3 of the ones behind this billboard, if not more, have never served in any civil or federal function. How dare these non-serving, religious zealots question my patriotism because of my lack of belief in God.

They haven't sacrificed one minute of their time for this country and yet I AM NOT A PATRIOT!? Don't make me laugh.

I've put my life on the line for this country. Five generations of my family has done the same. My family has left our blood, sweat, and lives in nearly every battlefield America has fought on for the last century. Most of them believe in God, some do not. They are all patriots - proven and tested.

I don't believe in God. I love my country. I will scream out in disgust at anyone who seeks to associate Christianity with patriotism.

I do not Trust in God. I trust in the Constitution. I do not swear Under God. I swear on my own merit, on my own integrity. I have the freedom to say this because our flag still flies and my I and my ancestors have defended my right to say it.

My patriotism is absolute. Look hard at what YOU have done for your country before you call anyone's patriotism into question.

Edit: 29 March, 2008, 1804 MST
I have attempted to contact the administrator of www.ingodwetrustusa.org. They have not responded to my emails. Albeit, this lack of response may be due to the extremely inflammatory nature of the message I sent them.

It appears though, they are tough on billboards, but weak on confrontation.

No comments: